Lots of people are making New Year’s resolutions right now. Something about the list at Not Guilty made me decide to do my own:
Windypundit’s New Year’s Resolutions for 2006
- Same as everyone else: lose weight. I lost a bunch of weight in the first half of this year and then gained a bunch of it back. I weigh less than I did a year ago, but not by as much as I’d like.
- Take a lot of photos with the D200, learn a lot of photography. I enjoyed it a lot with my Z3, now that I’m buying a more expensive camera, I really better enjoy it.
- Sort my photos more regularly. I don’t like to sort through them right after I take them because they usually aren’t as good as I imagined. But if I let them age a while, I lose my preconceptions about them, and many of them surprise me. The problem is that I’m falling behind. I have unsorted photographs going back to July.
- Blog more, and blog more consistently. 2005 was the year my blog begain to take off. Maybe I can make 2006 even better.
- Take more pictures for the eminent domain series. I think it has the potential to attract attention to this site.
- Launch my new website. (More on this in another post.)
- Port the benefits export code to .NET. (Special private resolution for one of my clients.)
- Get the house organized. I need to clean up and organize my office and my work area in the kitchen.
- Finish several home remodeling projects that have stalled. Most importantly, put the 2nd bathroom back together.
- Play more computer games.
- Write more software for fun. All of the software I write these days is work-related, but I really do enjoy software development, so I should write some fun stuff that isn’t part of my job.
- More catblogging. (Per spousal request.)