Random shots around the web:
- John Ruberry writes about Chicago’s food deserts.
- According to a University of New Hampshire study, everything the media tell you about Internet predators is wrong.
- Federal Judge Jeffrey S. White issued an apalling (and dangerous if not overturned) order to shut down an entire web site because someone complained about a few articles. As a pundit, I’m pretty sure Judge White doesn’t understand the 1st Amendment. As an IT professional, I know he doesn’t understand the Internet. Disabling a domain name doesn’t shut down a website. It just makes it harder to get to. Wikileaks is here.
- On the day of the NIU shooting, I probably watched several television dramas with gunfights and never even made a connection. That’s because I know the difference between reality and fiction. Unlike some other people.
- Why I hate web links with pop-up menus.
- Big Friendly Kitty.