I’m busy on my day job lately, and I don’t have time to write much, but here are a few stories that caught my eye:
- This appears to be yet another self-righteous animal rescue operation that has become an excuse for small people to exercise power over others. At least this time, they didn’t kill the dog. Except for the unfortunate threats of violence, the shelter owners are getting the public scorn they deserve.
- A woman was accused of disorderly conduct for swearing in her own home when she got upset over a malfunctioning toilet.
- Some cops hate it when you videotape them on their job, and they make up all kinds of fake reasons why it’s illegal to do so, such as that the video camera could be used as a weapon.
- Apparently, it is a crime to stand on the sidewalk and talk to friends in Times Square, proving that New York is still Rudy Giuliani’s town.
- The next Attorney General of the U.S. may have more respect for the law than Alberto Gonzales, but who wouldn’t?